Featured Video »
Don't let Wall Street destroy the backbone of America! We the taxpayers bailed out Wall Street yet to divert attention, they want you to believe that public service workers are the ones who are overpaid. More Video »
Public service workers are under attack — but the real cause of our country's economic troubles are greedy Wall Street CEOs, their friends in Washington who turn a blind eye, and the right-wing talking heads who spin the lies. More Video »
On MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show, guest host Chris Hayes is joined by Dorian Warren from Columbia University to look at the new scapegoat for our nation’s economic woes: public workers. More Video »
Latest News »
- May 03 Threat to Blacks in the Public Sector The Root Radical conservative politicians want to slash city, county and state jobs — and undercut economic security.
- Apr 12 Countering the Siege New York Times AFSCME President McEntee on how attacks on public service workers have energized union members and our allies in a growing battle over workers’ rights.
- Mar 31 Ohio Lawmakers Pass Anti-Union Bill New York Times This bill is a reprehensible attack on the middle class and the rights of Ohio’s workers,” said Gerald McEntee, president of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees.
- Mar 11 Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker signs anti-union bill -- but Democrats say they're the political victors CBS News Political Hotsheet Lee A. Saunders, secretary-treasurer of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, told the Washington Post that it's no coincidence Republicans are pushing anti-union measures in states that will be key in the 2012 elections.
- Mar 05 Why employee pensions aren't bankrupting states McClatchy Newspapers The short answer is that there's simply no evidence that state pensions are the current burden to public finances that their critics claim.
- Feb 08 Paying for the Crimes of Others Huffington Post In 1968, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered while pushing for the rights of public workers. Today, the labor unions and workers that provide necessary services for us all are once again under attack.
- Feb 08 Discover The Network Out To Crush Our Public Workers Campaign for America's Future The news reports are everywhere: public employees are paid too much and get “lucrative” pensions and this is “bankrupting” your state, county or city.
- Feb 07 A Terrible Divide New York Times With millions jobless and millions more underemployed, more and more of the public services that help make life livable, or even bearable, in a modern society are being put to the torch.
- Feb 03 Media The Conservative Class War, Continued The Nation The assault on public employee unions is the next phase of a forty-year class war in America by the rich against the rest of us.
- Feb 02 A Bankrupt Idea: The GOP’s Latest Not-So-Subtle Attack on Public Employees St. Louis Post Dispatch Deep economic fears may be a breeding ground for policy ideas pushed by ideologues that could severely damage the public interest.
- Jan 26 Public-Employee Pensions Are Not the Issue Wall Street Journal Responding to yet another attack on public service workers, Pres. McEntee points out the real cause of states' economic difficulties.
- Jan 17 Opposing View on Public Pensions: Blame Wall Street USA Today It is simply wrong to suggest that modest retirement benefits paid to public service retirees are a cause, or even a part, of the budget problems facing governments.
- Jan 16 Public Sector Workers are a ‘Privileged New Class,’ Says Billionaire Need to Know, PBS Debunking claims by billionaire Mort Zuckerman that public sector workers should be held responsible for the failures of the U.S. economy.
- Jan 10 Do Roads Pay for Themselves? Governing.com A new study seeks to dispel the oft-repeated claim of highway advocates that roads pay for themselves due to gas taxes and other user fees assessed on motorists.
- Jan 06 Understanding the Attacks on Public Employees Huffington Post How much of what you are hearing is really true, and how much is just one more Wall Street-funded campaign to turn people against each other and our government?
- Jan 05 The Shameful Attack on Public Employees Huffington Post Public servants are convenient scapegoats for Republicans who want to deflect attention from corporate executive pay, Wall Street bonuses and continued tax cuts for the rich.